If your business debt outweighs its assets or you cannot pay its bills and finance is not a viable option, you will have to look to restructuring to try and save your business.
SFP offer various avenues for you to explore through restructuring, working within a framework of a significant body of law with our assistance.
To enter into any Insolvency regime, your business first has to be insolvent, and satisfy one of two tests:
- The Balance Sheet test – meaning that your business assets are less than its liabilities
- The Cashflow test – meaning that your business cannot pay its liabilities as they fall due
In pretty much most cases this will be obvious. If it is not, you will be able to get to the bottom of your position with our guidance.
Free advice from our Qualified Team
On the basis that your company is insolvent, the three Insolvency Regimes most commonly used by directors are Company Voluntary Arrangements, Administrations and Creditors Voluntary Liquidations.
They can be broadly summarised in the following way:
- Company Voluntary Arrangement – This is like a contract between a company and its unsecured creditors usually providing that it will pay a proportion of the liability to them over a specific period of time. The amount that is agreed to be paid by the company will be in full and final settlement of those liabilities.
- Administration – This is a process to protect a company from its creditors generally so that a restructuring plan can be put in place. That plan can range from such things as trading the company out of its difficulties, to selling its business and assets or to reaching an agreement with its creditors by way of a Company Voluntary Arrangement.
- Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation – This process is appropriate where the company has no prospect of continuing and its affairs need to be wound down. Albeit that this is the end of the company, its business can potentially survive and be sold.
The sections below will help you understand these different Insolvency Regimes in more detail.
Download our FREE Guide to Business Survival through Restructuring
Benefits of using us
SFP is an Award winning Insolvency company that provides expert assistance in Turnaround and Restructuring services.
Choosing the right practitioner from the start will have major implications on any case and here at SFP we will take the time and effort to look into your business accordingly.
Having worked with a large number of clients over the last 18 years, we pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to UK businesses who are looking to survive in what is becoming an ever-increasingly challenging business economy.
Get in touch with one of our experts and they will:
- Listen to you in confidence about the challenges you currently face
- Analyse your business finances to realise your current scenario
- Help you understand available restructuring options
- Recommend, define and agree the way forward
- Support you through all processes as a result of your taken actions
Call us on 0203 5877700 or fill out the form and talk to us today.
Free advice from our Qualified Team
What our clients say
"SFP’s highly respected Restructuring group combines technical expertise and experience with a hard-headed commercial approach focussed on achieving the best possible outcome for all stakeholders."
"Having a long standing relationship, we can say from the beginning of any instruction until conclusion, SFP provide a clear, concise director led service. Their fresh, focused and pragmatic approach, coupled with clear and defined instructions, provides the solid foundation for guaranteeing the most successful outcome and maximum recovery of realisations to all parties involved."
Iain E Gash - Director, GTC Appraisals
"I would like to thank you and all of your staff for the way in which you have handled the administration. Brenda and I were very worried about the whole process and how the staff would be treated and I must thank Michael for the sensitive and professional way this has been handled all that he had to do. I have heard back from the staff and they are pleased with the response and help from Pamela. Please thank all of your staff on our behalf for their sensitive professionalism and I will follow this thanks up with a letter to this effect."
Director - Designer and Manufacturer